Family Shelter of the Bitterroot, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation directed by a volunteer Board and funded solely through charitable contributions.
Our Mission is to provide comprehensive supportive services to help circumstantially homeless families in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana achieve sustainable economic independence.
Our Goal is to aid families in economic crisis; helping them remain intact, while allowing them time to learn the tools they need to help rebuild their financial foundation. Every family deserves to have a safe, healthy environment in which to live.
- Non-Profit Corporation registered with Montana Secretary of State
- IRS Public Charity status 501 (c) (3); ID #27-1700647
- Registered with Dunn & Bradstreet
- US Federal Government's System for Award Mgt (SAM) #078707493/6TUY0
- Montana Endowment - qualified contributions receive 40% MT State tax credit
- Registered with Glaxo Smith & Kline Easy employee match contribution program
The Family Shelter of the Bitterroot, Inc. (formerly Lighthouse of the Bitterroot, Inc.) opened its doors March 2, 2010, and provided 5,801 people/nights of free shelter thru September 2011, at which time Family Shelter lost it's lease on the Bowman Road building. The cost of those services at a motel during that period of time would have been approximately $261,045 with an additional $58,000 at $10/person/day for meals and other services, creating a total value of $319,045. This represents an amount over half the cost of a new facility that will more than double the occupancy and reduce the operational cost of energy due to space efficiency.